SUMMARY: Assist with planning, coordination, and execution of activities concerned with new product design and continuous product improvement for the engineering team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(include the following, but other duties may be assigned)
- Create mechanical designs and drawings, perform precise calculations, test products for functionality, prepare reports, and collaborate with the engineering team.
- Work closely with engineering, production, and quality teams to formulate design concepts, resolve technical problems, and recommend modifications to improve quality and reduce product cost.
- Develop new products, update existing products, and perform research and testing on product concepts.
- Create and modify drawings and models, conduct analysis, and perform various other engineering tasks using computer-assisted engineering and design software including Autodesk Inventor, Nastran, and Autodesk Vault.
- Ability to interpret industry standards
- Ability to communicate manufacturing requirements in an easy-to-understand manner
- Design and build prototypes of new products.
- Complete design documentation per ISO 9001-2015 standards and maintain and review technical data packages, Masters, and Bill of Materials.
- Ensure that design implementation, test, and maintenance methods and processes are developed and executed in a manner that supports quality standards, whether manufactured in-house or by utilizing outside manufacturers.
- Recognize and report problems affecting the successful completion of projects and suggest or implement solutions in order to resolve problems or improve current manufacturing processes.
- Interact with Quality Department on RFVs or concessions concerning products.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: BA/BS in mechanical engineering, engineering technology, or other related engineering degrees; have a minimum of two (2+) years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.